Saturday, August 17, 2013

Burg Bound

WOW have the past two weeks flown by! College may not have been the best years of my life, but I have a feeling these next two years are gonna be one for the books! The past two weeks have been so hectic and I've loved every minute of it. Here's a little recap:

I spent an amazing 4 days in Illinois with Austin and his family. I was SO nervous meeting his parents at the airport, but those nerves quickly disappeared :). Words cannot describe how much I loved those few days there, and it was definitely hard to leave! But after returning home I had about one day to gather allll my clothes and shoes and other miscellaneous belongings before moving to Warrensburg for good. For the first time I was completely nerve-free on the drive!

Now, the business cards, name tag, and polo have arrived, and I have been an official employee for the past week! The google calendar is color coded and packed to the max (goodbye social life! ;) ). But the past week of training has been such a fun learning experience. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to step out of my comfort zone, and to be surrounded by some awesome coworkers (that includes my 5 new undergrad advisees!).

Class starts this Wednesday and I feel quite prepared after adjusting to my minimal sleep schedule. Rachel found her dress yesterday, so the Maid of Honor duties will come rolling in soon as well and I could not be more excited! I don't think I've stopped moving, and probably won't anytime soon, but all is well :).

No comments:

Post a Comment